Advertisement

The Beast

topic posted Thu, February 16, 2006 - 11:29 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
Where has the beast been for a while? There needs to be less flashback time and more island time.

I was watching the pilot again today where the "beast" first shows up. First thing I noticed is that the beast first starts making noise when Jack and Kate talk about going to find the cockpit. Then it cuts to a shot of the valley. Then it cuts to Locke sitting on the beach looking toward the jungle. Then it cuts to Walt -- but toward the last frames of the shot of Walt a shadow passes across his face like there's someone walking across the shot really fast.

Also, the morning after, they're gathered together on the beach behind Jack and a woman (Rose?) says, "That sound that it made, I keep thinking that there was something really familiar about it." Someone asks her, "Where are you from?" The woman says, "The Bronx."

Watching old episodes knowing as much as we now know is a trip.
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Re: The Beast

Fri, February 17, 2006 - 4:21 AM
    Now that you bring it up...Rose may have something there! When I've been in the Bronx, I've also heard that sound...but I think it's just the elevated train... :O)

Fri, February 17, 2006 - 11:08 AM
      what all exactly do we know about the beast (I missed a bunch of episodes so help me out here): its a "security system", it somehow up roots trees into oblivion (the surviors never seem to find any downed, up rooted trees, nor the hole for that matter), its made of black smoke of some kind, and for some reason wont attack you if you stare it down. Lock said he'd seen into the eye of the island, or some shit....
      am I missing anything?

Honestly, I'm not as afraid of the beast anymore- I fear less for the survivors because of the beast than I do because of the others.

Fri, February 17, 2006 - 12:48 PM
        I think we all heard it move, how mecanical it sounded, like chains on a pulley or some such. So that Rose comment must have been an early hint to it's mechanical nature.

Recent topics in "LOST - ABC TV"